Dr. Soheil Motamed
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy
Soheil Motamed, MD
Dr. Motamed specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Complex Reconstructive Procedures of the Shoulder, Elbow, Knee and Ankle
- Complex Soft-Tissue Reconstruction
- Sports Medicine
About Dr. Motamed
Dr. Motamed has specialized training in state-of-the-art arthroscopic surgery and complex reconstructive procedures of the shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle. He has extensive experience in the treatment of sports-related injuries and has successfully treated professional, collegiate, and recreational athletes. In addition, Dr. Motamed treats non-athletic and degenerative conditions and is well experienced in advanced procedures including complex soft-tissue reconstruction.
In Dr. Motamed's Own Words:
“I would like to welcome you to our practice and website. This section details some of my special interests and experience. In addition, I want to note that as part of an independent community based practice we have certain advantages. Our digital x-ray and electronic medical records are customized to orthopaedic surgery. I work closely with highly experienced musculoskeletal radiologists and my MRI scans are forwarded to experts in their fields. I operate at a surgery center and hospital that specialize in Orthopaedic Surgery. They provide advanced hardware and patient support services that have no equal in the Bay Area. We hope to meet or exceed your expectations and provide you with the best possible care. We know our patients have choices and we thank them for trusting us with their care. Please feel free to call our office if you have any questions.”
- Undergraduate: University of California—Los Angeles, Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical: New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Internship: University of Southern California, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Southern California, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Fellowship: SOAR (Sports Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Medicine Associates), Redwood City, CA
Research and Publications
- The Influence of the Acromioclavicular Joint Degeneration on Supraspinatus Outlet Impingement and the Acromion Shape.
Roidis, N.T., Motamed, S., Vaishnav, S., Ebramzadeh, E., Karachalios, T.S., Itamura, J.M. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2009 Dec;17(3):331-4.
- Decreased Supraspinatus Outlet Area in Acromioclavicular Arthritis, an MRI Measurement Study of Rotator Cuff Disease.
Motamed S., Zalavras C., Itamura J.: Poster Presentation for Annual Meeting of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, March 2004; publication pending.
- Multiple Intramedulary Nailing, A Risk Factor for Respiratory Compromise.
Motamed S., Zalavras C., Velmahos G., Chan L., Demetriades D., Patzakis M.: publication pending.
- The Effect of Fibular Malreduction on Contact Stresses in an Ankle Fracture Malunion Model.
Thordarson, D.B., Motamed, S., Hedman, T., Ebramzadeh, E., Bakshian, S.: Journal Bone and Joint Surgery, 79-A: 1809-1815, 1997.
- Structure Determination and Synthesis of Fluoro Nissl Green: an RNA Binding Fluorochrome.
Merlic, C.A., Motamed, S., Quinn, B.: Journal of Organic Chemistry 60:3365-3369, 1995.
- Fluoro Nissl Green.
Quinn, B., Toga, A.W., Motamed, S., Merlic, C.A., a novel fluorescent counterstain for neuroanatomy, Neuroscience Letters 184:169-172, 1995.
"Spending time with my wife and 3 children. Exercise, Reading, Photography, and 'Yard Work.'"