Co V. Banh, MD
Board Certified Physiatrist Fellowship Trained in Interventional Spine Care
Co V. Banh, MDRequest An
Dr. Banh is a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician who specializes in non-operative spine care. He develops individualized treatment plans to address the various facets of musculoskeletal and spinal conditions, including pain, weakness, numbness, and impaired function. He utilizes conservative treatments, including physical therapy, medication management, office injections, and fluoroscopic guided procedures such as epidural injections, facet blocks, and radiofrequency ablation.
Dr. Banh earned his bachelor’s degree in biology at the University of California, San Diego. He received his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, NY. He then completed an internal medicine internship at Beth Israel Medical Center and a physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at New York University RUSK. He completed his fellowship in interventional spine care at Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders in Los Angeles.
When he isn’t working, Dr. Banh enjoys exploring the Bay Area and traveling with his wife and children. His hobbies include basketball, golf, gardening, and wood work.
Dr. Banh specializes in the treatment of a variety of musculoskeletal conditions and performs several procedures including:
- Sympathetic Blocks
- Trigger Point Injections
- Ultrasound Guided Injections
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Radiofrequency Ablation
- Sacroiliac and Hip Intra-articular Injections
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Undergraduate: University Of California, San Diego, Bachelor of Science, Biology, La Jolla, CA
- Medical: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Internal Medicine Internship: Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: New York University RUSK, New York, NY
- Interventional Spine Fellowship: Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders, Los Angeles, CA
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- International Spine Intervention Society
Abstracts and Presentations
- Cedars-Sinai Institute For Spinal Disorders.
Epidural Adhesiolysis and Epiduroscopy, December 2006.
- NYU Medical Center-Rusk Institute Of Rehabilitation Medicine.
Electrodiagnostic Findings in Brachial Plexopathies, April 2006.
- Brooklyn Veterans Hospital.
Treatment of Adhesive Capsulitis, October 2005. Simple Office Soft Tissue Injection Techniques, November 2005.
- West Los Angeles Veterans Hospital.
Treatment of Myofascial Pain Syndrome, September 2005.